We can’t wait to meet you and your pet; we do anything we can to ensure you and your pet are
Since pets age at a much quicker rate than humans, these visits will become increasingly important in the early detection of any changes in their health.
At AVH, we want to help give your pet the happiest and longest life.
If you prefer to see a specific doctor, please inform the receptionist when you make the appointment and we will make every effort to schedule appropriately.
Your pet’s annual vet check-up will include a total physical exam, with a thorough investigation of your pet’s head, body and tail, and all his assorted cavities. Because even the most cooperative pet may not readily go-along with a tooth and gum brushing, an annual cleaning by your veterinarian maybe in order. Like you, your pet can lose his teeth due to decay and neglect.
It’s a good idea to keep an accurate medical diary not only of the procedures and vaccinations your pet receives at the vet, but also of notes on things like your pet’s elimination habits and any physical changes or unusual occurrences.
For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all vaccinations be up to date. Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings and other pets. This is one of the reasons we ask you to restrain your pet by placing on a leash or in pet carriers before entering the waiting room
At AVH, we always strive to give you the best veterinary care possible. We realize that veterinary care can become costly, and offer a variety of options for you and your pet.
Payment is due at time of service. For your convenience we accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, etc.), checks, cash, and Care Credit.We are unable to offer payment plans, but recommend looking into Care Credit and its promotional offers. Through our clinic, we offer 6 month interest fee financing for any invoices $200.00 or more. We also offer 12 month financing for invoices $2000.00 or more. For more information, or to apply for Care Credit, visit their website.
Apply for ScratchPay payment options.
If the options we offer here are not feasible for you, we also have some low cost that we recommend. Please contact these clinics directly for their prices and policies.
- PetAid of Colorado- Denver, CO: (303) 722-5800
- Planned Pethood Plus Inc.- Wheat Ridge, CO: (303) 433-3291
- Guardian Angel Veterinary Care- Thornton, CO: (720) 600-7555
- Maxfund- Denver, CO: (303) 595-4917
- Boulder Valley Humane Society- Boulder, CO: (303) 442-4030, option 2
When scheduling your upcoming appointment please let us know if you would like to schedule it as a “Curbside Check-In”
- On arrival for your appointment please call us from your car at (303) 424-4439) to check your pet in.
- One of our exam room technicians will take a brief history over the phone with you.
- Once the history has been taken, our technician will meet you in front of our hospital to retrieve your pet.
- We ask that you remain onsite during your appointment and remain available by phone.
- Please make sure your dog is on a leash, we will bring an extra leash to ensure your dog remains safe between your car and our hospital.
- If you have a cat, they must be in a carrier, so they do not escape on the way in to our hospital.
- Our veterinarian will perform an examination on your pet, call to discuss findings and go over a treatment plan for your consent. This is all done while you are waiting in the comfort of your own vehicle in our parking lot! A great time to catch up on your favorite book or audio book!
- We hope the appointment will take 30 mins of your time.
- Once it’s time to check out, our reception team will retrieve your card information over the phone and email you a receipt. Any medication will be brought out to you with your pet upon discharge.
The AAHA is the only organization in North America that accredits companion animal hospitals. There are approximately 900 quality standards that vet clinics must meet and maintain in order to become accredited and keep their accreditation current. The purpose of this accreditation is to ensure the best care for animals throughout North America and to provide peace of mind to pet parents.
ON WHAT STANDARDS ARE AAHA ANIMAL CLINICS REVIEWED?
AAHA accredited clinics are guaranteed to be sanitary, thorough, responsive and safe. The AAHA rigorously evaluates animal clinics on a yearly basis in order to ensure that their high standards are being met. These standards cover a myriad of elements in veterinary care including, but not limited to:
- Pain Management
- Patient Care
- Exam Facilities
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Laboratory Procedures
- Emergency Services
- Dental Care
- Nursing Care
- Pet Health Records
CAT FRIENDLY PRACTICE
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing stress and making visits easier for cats and caregivers. Awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners, the veterinary practice must meet specific criteria in order to become a Cat Friendly Practice®. These Cat Friendly Practices® take extra steps to provide the best care and experience for you and your cat.
You can expect your Cat Friendly Practice® to:
- Understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats.
- Have a feline-friendly environment and make veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner.
- Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
- Meet specific standards for the facility and care of hospitalized cats.
NEW CLIENT & PATIENT FORM
Arvada Veterinary Hospital offers our new patient form online so you can complete them in the convenience of your own home or office. Simply fill out the form below, and we will receive your submission electronically.
If you have not yet scheduled an appointment for your pet, you may do so by calling